On Saturday, Mar. 2, Texas-El Paso got a victory on the road against Rice 67-56 in C-USA action. With a record of 2-0, the Miners stay unbeaten against Rice this season. Jacques Streeter led the Miners and put up eight points on 75 percent shooting. C.J. Cooper had 10 points and added three rebounds. Tamir Jackson got a game-high 20 points and five rebounds for the Owls. Texas-El Paso (16-12, 9-5 C-USA) gets 19th-ranked Memphis (25-4, 14-0 C-USA) on their home court on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:41 left to go.
- Texas-El Paso started 16-12 during the 2007 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- UTEP beat the spread by one points. That makes the 13th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Texas-El Paso has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.2 percent or better.
- UTEP has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.5 percent field goal percentage.
- UTEP has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 73 percent of the time (11-4) when John Bohannon has 10 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when McKenzie Moore has six rebounds or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Jacques Streeter has seven assists or more.
- Texas-El Paso has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- The top two rebounders (Cedrick Lang and John Bohannon) accounted for 45.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Cedrick Lang has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 28 games this season.
- John Bohannon had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Cedrick Lang recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
Rice Game Notes
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to eight games.
- Tamir Jackson accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Max Guercy and Tamir Jackson) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 18 times in 28 games this season.
- Max Guercy has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Tamir Jackson's career.
- Tamir Jackson has 12 straight double-digit point games.