On Saturday, Mar. 2, Valparaiso shot 60.4 percent from the floor and punished Green Bay 75-56 in Horizon action. With a record of 2-0, the Crusaders stay unbeaten against Green Bay this season. Matt Kenney was exceptional for the Crusaders and put up a season-high 21 points, shooting 6 of 6 from three-point range. Bobby Capobianco had a career-high 16 points and added seven rebounds. For the Phoenix, Jordan Fouse got nine points and seven rebounds.
Valparaiso Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:53 left to go.
- The last time Valpo started the season 24-7 was 2001.
- The win over Green Bay extended the Valparaiso winning streak to four games.
- Valpo beat the spread by 21 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Crusaders have beaten the spread.
- The Crusaders have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Valparaiso has won every game this season (7-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Valpo has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Valparaiso has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Erik Buggs plays 30 minutes or more, 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Kevin Van Wijk has four free throws made or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Bobby Capobianco has seven rebounds or more.
- The Crusaders have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Matt Kenney and Bobby Capobianco) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- Bobby Capobianco accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Matt Kenney has led the team in scoring in three out of 31 games this season.
- Bobby Capobianco has led the team in rebounding in five out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Matt Kenney's career.
- Matt Kenney had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage, six three-pointers, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Green Bay Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Alec Brown and Keifer Sykes) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- Brennan Cougill accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alec Brown has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Brennan Cougill has led the team in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.
- Keifer Sykes has seven straight double-digit point games.