Rhode Island 70
(8-19, 3-8 away)
(21-8, 14-3 home)
Venue: Liacouras Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||X Munford 30
||M Aaman 7
||M Powell 7
||K Wyatt 24
||R Hollis-Jefferson 13
||R Hollis-Jefferson 5
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Rhode Island got beat at home by Temple 76-70 in conference play. Andre Malone put up a season-high 18 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Xavier Munford was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 8 to get to a game-high 30 points overall. Jake O`Brien recorded a double-double for the Owls with 16 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Rams. The next game will be on Wednesday, Mar. 6 when Rhode Island (8-19, 3-11 A-10) goes to St. Joseph's (PA) (15-11, 6-7 A-10).
Rhode Island Game Notes
- The last time URI started the season 8-19 was 2001.
- URI beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording zero or fewer blocks.
- Rhode Island has lost 76 percent of the time this season (4-13) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or better this season, Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Rhode Island has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Rhode Island has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- URI set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Rhode Island has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 10th loss of the season where the Rams opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Xavier Munford recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- Mike Aaman has led the team in rebounding in five out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- Xavier Munford has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Temple Game Notes
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring 18 times in 29 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson set a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Scootie Randall has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Jake O`Brien recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jake O`Brien has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jake O`Brien recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and ninth of his career.
- Will Cummings set career highs with 15 points and six field goals made.