Rhode Island 70
(8-19, 3-8 away)
(21-8, 14-3 home)
Venue: Liacouras Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||X Munford 30
||M Aaman 7
||M Powell 7
||K Wyatt 24
||R Hollis-Jefferson 13
||R Hollis-Jefferson 5
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Temple came out on top against Rhode Island 76-70 in A-10 action. Jake O`Brien earned a double-double in the win including 16 points and 10 rebounds. Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson also had a strong showing, scoring six points and adding 13 rebounds. Andre Malone finished with a season-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Rams. The Owls are on a five-game win streak. Temple (21-8, 9-5 A-10) gets Fordham (6-22, 2-11 A-10) on the road on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
Temple Game Notes
- The last time Temple started the season 21-8 was 1997.
- The win over Rhode Island extended the Temple winning streak to five games.
- The Owls have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- Temple has won every game this season (7-0) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Temple has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8 percent or better.
- Temple has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Temple has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Scootie Randall has 15 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Jake O`Brien has six field goals made or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Khalif Wyatt has nine free throws made or more.
- The Owls have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Owls came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Temple has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Khalif Wyatt accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 29 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 29 games this season.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- Scootie Randall has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 29th 20-point game of Khalif Wyatt's career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Jake O`Brien recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jake O`Brien has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jake O`Brien recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and ninth of his career.
- Will Cummings had career highs with 15 points and six field goals made.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to three games.
- Xavier Munford recorded a team season high in field goals made with 12.
- Xavier Munford accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Mike Aaman has led the team in rebounding five times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Xavier Munford's career.
- Xavier Munford has 12 straight double-digit point games.