(17-11, 4-7 away)
(14-15, 11-8 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
1:45PM ET / 10:45AM PT, March 02, 2013
||J McRae 35
||J Stokes 10
||T Golden 4
||K Caldwell-Pope 25
||K Caldwell-Pope 9
||C Mann 8
Georgia squared off with Tennessee on Saturday, Mar. 2 and knocked off the Volunteers 78-68 in SEC play. The Bulldogs stay undefeated against Tennessee this season at 2-0. The Bulldogs got the win with a team-high 25 points and nine rebounds from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Charles Mann had 18 points and added eight assists. For the Volunteers, Jordan McRae got a sensational 35 points (6 Reb 3 Ast), including 8-of-11 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 7 when Georgia (13-15, 7-8 SEC) welcomes Kentucky (20-8, 11-4 SEC).
Georgia Game Notes
- UGA beat the spread by 11 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 22 or more free throws made.
- Georgia has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) when its field goal percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- UGA has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) after holding an opponent to under 38.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Georgia has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has seven free throws made or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Nemanja Djurisic has seven rebounds or more.
- UGA set a season low for turnovers (nine).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Georgia has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--UGA has a 2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Charles Mann recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12, assists with eight, and free throws attempted with 14.
- Donte` Williams tallied a team season high in blocks with four.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Nemanja Djurisic) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (41) than the starters (37).
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 26 times and in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 29 straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Jordan McRae recorded a team season high in points with 35 and three-pointers with eight.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 51.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has four straight 20+ point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jordan McRae.
- Jordan McRae set career highs with 35 points and eight three-pointers.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.