Iowa State 69
(19-10, 3-9 away)
(19-9, 14-2 home)
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center
1:30PM ET / 10:30AM PT, March 02, 2013
||T McGee 22
||G Niang 5
||K Lucious 2
||R Osby 22
||R Osby 9
||S Grooms 6
Oklahoma won big over Iowa State 86-69 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With the win, the Sooners even the season series against Iowa State at 1-1. Romero Osby played brilliantly for the Sooners and put up a team-high 22 points and nine rebounds. Sam Grooms also had a great outing, scoring 19 points and adding six assists. Tyrus McGee got a game-high 22 points for the Cyclones, making 6 of 9 from three-point range. Next up for Oklahoma (19-9, 10-6 Big 12) is West Virginia (13-16, 6-10 Big 12) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on their home court.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:47 left to go.
- Oklahoma started 19-9 during the 2003, 1998, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- OU beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 17th time this season the Sooners have beaten the spread.
- The Sooners have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 17 or more assists.
- Oklahoma has won 75 percent of the time this season (12-4) when its field goal percentage has been 44.2 percent or better.
- OU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Oklahoma has won 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Amath M`Baye has 11 points or more, 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Romero Osby has six field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Sam Grooms has four free throws made or more.
- OU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Sooners have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--OU has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Sam Grooms) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Je`lon Hornbeak) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Steven Pledger has five straight double-digit point games.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Tyrus McGee accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (33).
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Georges Niang has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Tyrus McGee's career.
- Tyrus McGee has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrus McGee set career highs with 22 points, eight field goals made, and six three-pointers.