Iowa State lost big against Oklahoma 86-69 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With the loss, the Cyclones even the season series against Oklahoma at 1-1. Tyrus McGee led the Cyclones and put up a game-high 22 points, shooting 6 of 9 from three-point range. Melvin Ejim scored 10 points and added four rebounds. For the Sooners, Romero Osby got a team-high 22 points and nine rebounds. Iowa State (19-9, 9-6 Big 12) gets 15th-ranked Oklahoma State (21-6, 11-4 Big 12) on their home court on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
Iowa State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:47 left to go.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, Iowa State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- ISU set season lows for assists (eight), rebounds (27), and steals (three).
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Iowa State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Tyrus McGee accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (33).
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Georges Niang has led the team in rebounding in three out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Tyrus McGee's career.
- Tyrus McGee has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrus McGee had career highs with 22 points, eight field goals made, and six three-pointers.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Sam Grooms) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Je`lon Hornbeak) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Steven Pledger has five straight double-digit point games.