Jacksonville State 71
(17-11, 8-8 away)
(24-6, 13-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||T Gaines 19
||N Cook 10
||B Williams 2
||K Johnson 26
||J Mann 5
||K Johnson 5
Belmont beat Jacksonville State 78-71 in conference play on Saturday, Mar. 2. With a record of 2-0, the Bruins stay undefeated against Jacksonville State this season. The Bruins got the win with a career-high 26 points and five assists from Kerron Johnson. Blake Jenkins had 14 points and added three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Nick Cook registered a double-double for the Gamecocks with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Belmont Game Notes
- The win over Jacksonville State extended the Belmont winning streak to four games.
- The Bruins have won every game this season (14-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Belmont has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 56.5 percent or better.
- Belmont has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Belmont has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- Belmont has won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) after holding an opponent to under 44.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Belmont has won 84 percent of the time (21-4) when Ian Clark has 13 points or more, 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Trevor Noack has four field goals made or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when J.J. Mann has five rebounds or more.
- Belmont set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- The Bruins have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Belmont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Belmont has a 23.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kerron Johnson accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in scoring in five out of 30 games this season.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Kerron Johnson's career.
- Kerron Johnson had career highs with 26 points and seven field goals made.
- Ian Clark has three straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Noack has five straight double-digit point games.
Jacksonville State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tarvin Gaines and Ronnie Boggs) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- Nick Cook accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tarvin Gaines has led the team in scoring 13 times in 28 games this season.
- Nick Cook has led the team in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.
- Brian Williams has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ronnie Boggs set a career high with three three-pointers.
- Tarvin Gaines has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Darion Rackley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Cook recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nick Cook recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.
- Nick Cook set a career high with six offensive rebounds.