Georgia Southern 48
(13-18, 6-11 away)
(23-7, 14-2 home)
Venue: Belk Arena
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||C Reed 16
||M Baynham 7
||T Bussey 3
||D Brooks 20
||D Brooks 7
||J Kuhlman 5
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Georgia Southern shot just 29.8 percent from the field and was smoked by Davidson 83-48 in conference play. The game was never competitive, as Davidson went up 45-19 at the half and never looked back. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. C.J. Reed put up a team-high 16 points and three rebounds in a losing effort. Tre Bussey got 11 points. For the Wildcats, J.P. Kuhlman finished with 10 points and five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl).
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:29 left to go.
- Georgia Southern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 48 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Georgia Southern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.4 percent or better this season, Georgia Southern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Georgia Southern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- GS set season lows for assists (four), blocks (zero), field goals made (14), and field goal percentage (29.8).
- Georgia Southern has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- C.J. Reed accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvin Baynham and Eric Ferguson) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Reed has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 31 games this season.
- Marvin Baynham has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 31 games this season.
- C.J. Reed has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Cameron Baskerville.
Davidson Game Notes
- The top two scorers (De`Mon Brooks and Jake Cohen) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of De`Mon Brooks's career.
- De`Mon Brooks has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tom Droney set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Jake Cohen has 12 straight double-digit point games.
|-||Mason Archie II||4||0||0||0||1||0||0|