(13-18, 4-9 away)
Appalachian State 86
(14-15, 10-4 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||C Jones 16
||Z Mason 10
||G McGhee 2
||J Canty 27
||N Healy 14
||M Neal 10
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Chattanooga allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Appalachian State and was smoked by the Mountaineers 86-60 in conference play. Chattanooga dug a hole early, down 55-30 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. Z Mason put up nine points and 10 rebounds for the Mocs. Casey Jones scored 16 points and added four rebounds. Jay Canty got a game-high 27 points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk) for the Mountaineers.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 15:15 left to go.
- Chattanooga has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.2 percent or better this season, Chattanooga has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Chattanooga has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, Chattanooga has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- The Mocs set a season high for blocks (four).
- UTC set a season low for assists (six).
- Chattanooga has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Casey Jones and Ronrico White) accounted for 43.3 percent of the points.
- Z Mason has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 31 games this season.
- Z Mason recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Lance Stokes.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- Nathan Healy recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- Jay Canty accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- Nathan Healy accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jay Canty has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Nathan Healy's career.
- Nathan Healy recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Nathan Healy set career highs with four three-pointers and 13 defensive rebounds.
- Jamaal Trice has three straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Michael Neal's career.
- Michael Neal set a career high with 10 assists.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jay Canty's career.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Michael Obacha.