(12-17, 1-11 away)
(16-11, 12-4 home)
Venue: Hofheinz Pavilion
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||D Kane 27
||D Tinnon 12
||D Kane 4
||T Thomas 25
||T Thomas 14
||T Womack 6
On a day when they outshot the Thundering Herd 59.4 percent-36.4 percent, Houston easily took down Marshall 103-76 in C-USA action. The game was never in question, with Houston taking an insurmountable 44-28 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Cougars got a double-double out of TaShawn Thomas with a team-high 25 points and 14 rebounds (5 Ast 3 Blk). Danuel House was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 6 to get to 23 points overall (6 Reb 4 Stl). Dennis Tinnon got a double-double for the Thundering Herd with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Houston (15-11, 5-9 C-USA) gets Rice (5-21, 1-12 C-USA) on their home court on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
Houston Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:12 left to go.
- UH beat the spread by 23 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UH has been on the winning end of 29 blowout games.
- Houston has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 53.3 percent or better.
- The Cougars have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- Houston has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UH has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- UH has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 36.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Houston has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Joseph Young has eight field goals made or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when TaShawn Thomas has three blocks or more.
- The Cougars set season highs for assists (26) and field goal percentage (59.4).
- The last time UH recorded at least 26 assists was Nov 22, 2005 against Florida Tech.
- The Cougars have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- Houston has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UH has a 12.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (TaShawn Thomas and Danuel House) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- TaShawn Thomas accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Danuel House's career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 21st of his career.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has four straight 20+ point games.
Marshall Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Marshall has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- DeAndre Kane recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 25.
- DeAndre Kane accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeAndre Kane has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Elijah Pittman's career.
- Elijah Pittman has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 21st of his career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Robert Goff.