On Saturday, Mar. 2, Robert Morris scored 36 points from three-point territory and blew out Central Connecticut State 81-61 in conference play. The game was never close, with Robert Morris leading 43-24 at the half. The Colonials even the season series against Central Connecticut State at 1-1 with the win. Russell Johnson had an impressive game for the Colonials and got a game-high 20 points and six rebounds. Lucky Jones played his way to a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. For the Blue Devils, Matt Hunter got a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast). The Colonials are on a five-game win streak.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:40 left to go.
- The last time RMU started the season 22-9 was 2011.
- The win over Central Connecticut State extended the Robert Morris winning streak to five games.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, RMU has been on the winning end of 22 blowout games.
- The Colonials have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Robert Morris has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.4 percent or better.
- RMU has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Robert Morris has won 80 percent of the time (16-4) when Lucky Jones has 10 points or more and 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Velton Jones has four field goals made or more.
- The Colonials have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Russell Johnson and Coron Williams) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Lucky Jones and Russell Johnson) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Russell Johnson has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 31 games this season.
- Lucky Jones recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lucky Jones recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Russell Johnson's career.
- Velton Jones has three straight double-digit point games.
Central Connecticut State Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, CCSU has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Matt Hunter and Kyle Vinales) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- Matt Hunter has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 19 times in 29 games this season.
- Kyle Vinales has eight straight double-digit point games.