(19) Memphis 76
(25-4, 8-3 away)
(19-10, 15-5 home)
Venue: UCF Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, March 02, 2013
||C Crawford 19
||D Stephens 8
||J Jackson 7
||K Clanton 29
||I Sykes 9
||C Newell Jr. 5
On Saturday, Mar. 2, UCF took on No. 19 Memphis and took a home loss to the Tigers 76-67 in conference play. The Knights stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Knights were led by Keith Clanton, who put up a game-high 29 points and six rebounds. Isaiah Sykes had 10 points and added nine rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). For the Tigers, Joe Jackson finished with a team-high 19 points on 60 percent shooting. UCF (19-10, 8-6 C-USA) goes to UAB (14-14, 6-7 C-USA) on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
UCF Game Notes
- UCF started 19-10 during the 2010, 2002, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, UCF played 10 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-8.
- UCF has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 32 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 76 or more total points this season, UCF has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, UCF has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, UCF has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- The Knights have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 20th game at home this season--UCF has a 7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Keith Clanton accounted for 43.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaiah Sykes and Kasey Wilson) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Keith Clanton has led the team in scoring in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Keith Clanton's career.
- Calvin Newell Jr. had a career high with four steals.
- Isaiah Sykes has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Isaiah Sykes.
Memphis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Joe Jackson and Chris Crawford) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Joe Jackson has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Joe Jackson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Crawford has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Tarik Black.
- Tarik Black set a career high with four steals.
|B||C. Newell Jr.||38||13||2||5||4||0||6|