|East Carolina||M Kemp 17.8||R Sampson 9.2||M Paul 6.5|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 14.4||J Mills 7.0||N Watson 4.9|
On Saturday, Southern Miss plays host to East Carolina at Reed Green Coliseum. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. EST. The Golden Eagles defeated the Pirates 86-82 on Feb. 16 and are 9-1 against them over the past four years.
Southern Miss is currently in second place in the Conference USA and East Carolina is in fifth.
The Golden Eagles fell 89-73 to Memphis on Feb. 23. Dwayne Davis finished with 28 points in the loss. With 14.4 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. In a 72-69 victory over Southern Methodist on Feb. 23, Akeem Richmond put up 29 points for the Pirates. He contributes 1.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.3 points per game. East Carolina ranks second in their conference in turnover percentage at 18.1 percent, which also places them 70th in the country.
East Carolina StatSmack
- That must sting. Southern Miss has blown out East Carolina by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2006.
- Southern Miss has been the favorite 16 out of the last 19 times.
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (29.0 allowed per game vs. 37.9 allowed per game) than East Carolina this season.
- Daveon Boardingham is ranked 9th in Conference USA in blocks.
- Southern Miss has a better record on the road than East Carolina this season (9-5 vs. 5-6).
- Boom! Southern Miss defeated East Carolina by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 16, 2013).
- Southern Miss has come back to win after being down at half against East Carolina three times since 2007.
- Southern Miss is ranked higher than East Carolina in Conference USA (No. 2 vs. No. 5).
- Diaper Dandies love Southern Miss. Southern Miss has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than East Carolina (1 vs. 0).
- Southern Miss has more wins over the last 5 years than East Carolina (122 vs. 83).
- It's only wins and losses, but Southern Miss has a better overall record than East Carolina this season (21-7 vs. 16-10).