Bethune-Cookman vs. Norfolk State: Full Game Preview
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 18.0||A Coleman 7.1||K Dukes 3.4|
|Norfolk State||P Williams 14.0||R Gaston 6.1||J Fuentes 5.3|
On Saturday, Norfolk State plays host to Bethune-Cookman at Joseph G. Echols Hall. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST. The Spartans are 3-3 against the Wildcats over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 10, 2012) they won 73-70.
Norfolk State is in first place in the conference, Bethune-Cookman is in fifth place. Norfolk State has won its last 12 games.
The Spartans got past Delaware State 60-56 on Feb. 23 with the help of 18 points and 6 rebounds from Pendarvis Williams. His 14 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In a 72-58 victory over Savannah State on Feb. 25, Adrien Coleman put up 21 points and 11 rebounds for the Wildcats. He leads the team in points with 18 per game and rebounds with 7.1 per game. Bethune-Cookman will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 18.3 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 76th in the country.
- Norfolk State has a better conference record than Bethune-Cookman this season (13-0 vs. 7-6).
- It's only wins and losses, but Norfolk State has a better overall record than Bethune-Cookman this season (18-10 vs. 12-16).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Norfolk State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (926 to 907) than Bethune-Cookman, per the NCAA.
- Norfolk State is ranked higher than Bethune-Cookman in the MEAC (No. 1 vs. No. 5).
- Norfolk State does a better job contesting shots (41.0 percent allowed vs. 46.2 percent allowed) than Bethune-Cookman this season.
- A for effort, but Norfolk State has emerged victorious against Bethune-Cookman the last two times they've played.
- Norfolk State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (47.5 percent to 44.7 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Norfolk State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Bethune-Cookman (one vs. zero).
- Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Bethune-Cookman in 13 wins since 1998.
- Norfolk State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Norfolk State is 78.4 inches compared to 75.0 inches for Bethune-Cookman.
- Norfolk State has a better record on the road than Bethune-Cookman this season (10-8 vs. 2-11).
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||9||2||2||0||0||0||1|