|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.9||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.4|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 16.4||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.2|
On Saturday, Santa Clara travels to McKeon Pavilion to take on Saint Mary's. It starts at 10 p.m. EST and you can see it on CSN-BAY. The Broncos fell to the Gaels 84-63 on Feb. 7 and are 1-9 against them over the last four years.
Santa Clara is in third place in the conference and just behind second place Saint Mary's with a chance to close in.
In a 79-56 beatdown of Loyola Marymount on Feb. 28, Marc Trasolini put up 26 points and 8 rebounds for the Broncos. With 7.8 rebounds per game and 1.6 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Gaels, Matthew Dellavedova finished with 25 points in the 87-48 blowout of Pepperdine on Feb. 27. He contributes a team-leading 16.4 points per game, 6.2 assists per game, and 1.2 steals per game. Saint Mary's will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include defensive rebounding percentage at 75.5 percent, effective field goal percentage at 55.8 percent, and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.1 percent.
Saint Mary's StatSmack
- The Santa Clara basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Mary's (92 percent vs. 69 percent).
- Marc Trasolini is ranked 7th in the West Coast in points, 3rd in the West Coast in rebounds, and 2nd in the West Coast in blocks.
- The Santa Clara rebounding leader (Marc Trasolini, 234 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Saint Mary's rebounding leader (Brad Waldow, 172 rebounds).
- Santa Clara players are more experienced than Saint Mary's players (20,921 minutes played vs. 18,910 minutes played).
- Santa Clara has come back to win after being down at half against Saint Mary's six times since 1996.
- Santa Clara is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Santa Clara is 77.9 inches compared to 76.8 inches for Saint Mary's.
- The Santa Clara three-point leader (Kevin Foster, 90 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Saint Mary's three-point leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 79 three-pointers).
- Raymond Cowels III is ranked 3rd in the West Coast in three-pointers and 4th in the West Coast in steals.
- That must sting. Santa Clara has blown out Saint Mary's by 20 points or more on five occasions since 1999.
- The Santa Clara blocks leader (Marc Trasolini, 49 blocks) has more blocks than the Saint Mary's blocks leader (Brad Waldow, 26 blocks).
- Santa Clara is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Santa Clara is 215 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Saint Mary's.
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|
|C||J. Walker III||22||7||4||1||1||0||1|