Clemson vs. Virginia Tech: Full Game Preview
|Clemson||D Booker 12.9||D Booker 8.0||R Hall 3.3|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 24.9||C Raines 6.6||E Green 4.1|
On Saturday, Virginia Tech welcomes Clemson at Cassell Coliseum. The game tips off at 8 p.m. EST and you can catch it on RSN or ESPN3.com. The Hokies fell to the Tigers 77-70 on Jan. 27 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Virginia Tech is 12th in the ACC and Clemson is in eigth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In spite of 16 points from Erick Green, the Hokies came up short 76-58 against Miami (FL) on Feb. 27. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 24.9 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. The Tigers were defeated by North Carolina 68-59 on Feb. 28 despite 25 points and 11 rebounds from Devin Booker. With 12.9 points per game and 8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Virginia Tech has a statistical advantage over Clemson in one significant area, scoring, where the Hokies have an edge over the Tigers, 70 points per game to 61 points per game.
- The Virginia Tech steals leader (Erick Green, 38 steals) has more steals than the Clemson steals leader (K.J. McDaniels, 31 steals).
- Virginia Tech has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Clemson (No. 32 vs. No. 46).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Tech currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 953) than Clemson, per the NCAA.
- Virginia Tech has a potent offense, scoring more points (70.7 per game vs. 61.7 per game) than Clemson this season.
- The Virginia Tech assist leader (Erick Green, 114 assists) has more assists than the Clemson assist leader (Rod Hall, 90 assists).
- The Virginia Tech scoring leader (Erick Green, 697 points) has more points than the Clemson scoring leader (Devin Booker, 348 points).
- Virginia Tech has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Clemson (No. 55 vs. No. 97).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Clemson ($30,017 vs. $35,832).
- Erick Green is ranked 1st nationally in points, 9th in the ACC in three-pointers, 5th in the ACC in assists, and 6th in the ACC in steals.
- Virginia Tech has come back to win after being down at half against Clemson four times since 2004.
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||3||3||0||0||1||1|