|Eastern Kentucky||M DiNunno 15.1||E Stutz 4.5||M DiNunno 4.3|
|Tennessee State||R Covington 17.0||K Thornton 7.8||P Miller 5.3|
On Saturday, Eastern Kentucky visits Gentry Complex to take on Tennessee State. The game tips off at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Colonels beat the Tigers 76-67 on Jan. 24 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
Tennessee State and Eastern Kentucky are packed together in the conference, holding down third and second place, respectively.
In a 69-54 dismantling of Tennessee Tech on Feb. 28, Corey Walden put up 18 points and 6 steals for the Colonels. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.6 points per game. For the Tigers, Robert Covington put up 23 points and 8 rebounds in the 101-100 loss to Morehead State on Feb. 28. He leads the team in points with 17 per game, steals with 2.1 per game, and blocks with 1.3 per game. One category in which Tennessee State is especially proficient is free throw rate at 42.4 percent, ranking second in their conference (and 34th nationally).
Tennessee State StatSmack
- Eastern Kentucky has an average margin of victory of 10 over Tennessee State in 29 wins since 1987.
- Diaper Dandies love Eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Tennessee State (1 vs. 0).
- Eastern Kentucky has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (57.1 percent to 43.3 percent).
- It's only wins and losses, but Eastern Kentucky has a better overall record than Tennessee State this season (23-7 vs. 16-13).
- Boom! Eastern Kentucky defeated Tennessee State by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 24, 2013).
- Eastern Kentucky has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tennessee State (two vs. zero).
- Eastern Kentucky has a better record at home than Tennessee State this season (15-1 vs. 10-2).
- Eastern Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee State (106 vs. 86).
- Eastern Kentucky has a better conference record than Tennessee State this season (12-3 vs. 10-5).
- The Eastern Kentucky steals leader (Mike DiNunno, 61 steals) has more steals than the Tennessee State steals leader (Patrick Miller, 49 steals).