SC State vs. NC A&T: Full Game Preview
|SC State||M Hezekiah 13.4||M Hezekiah 7.7||K Toombs 5.5|
|NC A&T||L Middleton 12.7||A Witter 7.2||L Middleton 2.4|
South Carolina State heads to Corbett Sports Center on Saturday to take on North Carolina A&T. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs defeated the Aggies 72-70 on Feb. 16 and are 3-6 against them over the past four years.
South Carolina State is in 13th place in the MEAC and North Carolina A&T is in eigth. Both teams continue to fight for position.
The Bulldogs were defeated by Florida A&M 75-72 on Feb. 25 despite 22 points and 10 rebounds from Darryl Palmer. He leads the team in blocks per game with 1.6 while also putting up 9.3 points per game. The Aggies were defeated by North Carolina Central 51-47 on Feb. 23 despite 11 points from Jeremy Underwood. He contributes 2 assists per game in addition to his 6.3 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, North Carolina A&T performs well in free throw rate at 41.5 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 41st in the country.
North Carolina A&T StatSmack
- South Carolina State is better under pressure, and has defeated North Carolina A&T in 12 out of the last 20 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Orangeburg isn't as congested as Greensboro (population is significantly lower).
- South Carolina State has come back to win after being down at half against North Carolina A&T six times since 1997.
- South Carolina State has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina A&T in 36 wins since 1980.
- South Carolina State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.4 percent to 38.5 percent).
- Khalif Toombs is ranked 2nd in the MEAC in assists.
- South Carolina State has a stronger schedule than North Carolina A&T this season (SOS Rank: No. 278 vs. No. 329).
- The South Carolina State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than North Carolina A&T (44 percent vs. 27 percent).
- Boom! South Carolina State defeated North Carolina A&T by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 16, 2013).
- Matthew Hezekiah is ranked 9th in the MEAC in points and 4th in the MEAC in rebounds.