|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 13.7||R Johnson 8.4||B Fortenberry 2.7|
|Sam Houston State||J Thomas 8.9||J Thomas 5.7||D Gatson 3.3|
On Saturday, Sam Houston State welcomes Southeastern Louisiana at Johnson Coliseum. It gets started at 4:45 p.m. EST. The Bearkats lost to the Lions 69-65 on Jan. 24 and are 5-1 against them over the last four years.
Southeastern Louisiana and Sam Houston State are close together in the conference, holding down the fourth and fifth spots, respectively.
In their last matchup on Feb. 28, James Thomas put up 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Bearkats in a loss to Nicholls State, 56-53. On top of his scoring average of 8.9 points per game, he delivers 5.7 rebounds per game. For the Lions, Roosevelt Johnson finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds in the 78-64 loss to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Feb. 28. He averages 10.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game.
Southeastern Louisiana StatSmack
- The Sam Houston State assist leader (Darius Gatson, 93 assists) has more assists than the Southeastern Louisiana assist leader (Brandon Fortenberry, 69 assists).
- Sam Houston State is better at defending the three (30.5 percent allowed vs. 37.2 percent allowed) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- Sam Houston State has come back to win after being down at half against Southeastern Louisiana four times since 2000.
- The Sam Houston State blocks leader (Michael Holyfield, 22 blocks) has more blocks than the Southeastern Louisiana blocks leader (Antonnio Benton, 18 blocks).
- Will Bond is ranked 6th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- Sam Houston State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (57.1 percent to 47.6 percent).
- Sam Houston State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Sam Houston State is 197 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Southeastern Louisiana.
- Sam Houston State has a better scoring defense (61.5 allowed per game vs. 68.7 allowed per game) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- The Sam Houston State three-point leader (Will Bond, 42 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Southeastern Louisiana three-point leader (Brandon Fortenberry, 41 three-pointers).
- It's only wins and losses, but Sam Houston State has a better overall record than Southeastern Louisiana this season (14-14 vs. 10-16).