In a low-scoring game, Manhattan just barely beat Fairfield 34-31 in MAAC play. With the win, the Jaspers remain unbeaten against Fairfield this season at 2-0. Rhamel Brown guided the Jaspers and put up six points and seven rebounds. Shane Richards scored 11 points and added two rebounds. For the Stags, Colin Nickerson got seven points and seven rebounds. Manhattan (12-16, 9-8 MAAC) travels to Loyola (MD) (20-10, 11-6 MAAC) on Sunday, Mar. 3.
Manhattan Game Notes
- Manhattan started 12-16 during the 2006 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Manhattan beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Manhattan is 25-34 in close games.
- This season Manhattan has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Rhamel Brown has five blocks or more.
- The Jaspers set a season high for blocks (eight).
- Manhattan set season lows for field goals made (12), field goal percentage (25.5), free throws made (five), total points (34), and turnovers (nine).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Jaspers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Manhattan has a 3.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shane Richards accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (20) than the starters (14).
- Shane Richards has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 28 games this season.
Fairfield Game Notes
- The Stags have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fairfield is 31-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Gilbert and Colin Nickerson) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Amadou Sidibe and Colin Nickerson) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Amadou Sidibe has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 30 games this season.