Loyola (MD) lost on their home court to Iona 90-86 in conference play on Friday, Mar. 1. The Greyhounds remain winless against Iona this season at 0-2. Erik Etherly picked up a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 23 points and 10 rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). Anthony Winbush had a career-high 20 points and added eight rebounds. Lamont Jones recorded his third straight game with 26 points or more for the Gaels, scoring a ridiculous 35 points (3 Reb 3 Ast) on 73.3 percent shooting in 37 minutes. Lamont Jones finished with a mind-blowing 35 points and three rebounds for the Gaels. Next up for Loyola (MD) (20-10, 11-6 MAAC) is Manhattan (11-16, 8-8 MAAC) on Sunday, Mar. 3 at home.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- LMDU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Greyhounds have beaten the spread.
- The Greyhounds have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 31-28 in close games.
- The Greyhounds set season highs for assists (23) and field goals made (35).
- The last time LMDU recorded at least 23 assists was Feb 14, 2007 against Rider.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- The top two scorers (Robert Olson and Erik Etherly) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly has three straight double-digit point games.
- Erik Etherly recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 15th of his career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Anthony Winbush's career.
- Anthony Winbush had career highs with 20 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- R.J. Williams had a career high with seven assists.
- Dylon Cormier had a career high with six assists.
Iona Game Notes
- The Gaels won this one, but have lost 11 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 26-39 in close games.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring 21 times in 29 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 36th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has three straight 20+ point games.