Loyola (MD) 86
(20-10, 8-7 away)
(16-13, 11-3 home)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 01, 2013
||E Etherly 23
||E Etherly 10
||R Williams 7
||L Jones 35
||D Laury 8
||T Sledge 7
Iona knocked off Loyola (MD) 90-86 in conference action on Friday, Mar. 1. With the win, the Gaels stay undefeated against Loyola (MD) this season at 2-0. Lamont Jones picked up his third straight game with 26 points or more for the Gaels, scoring a staggering 35 points (3 Reb 3 Ast) on 73.3 percent shooting in 37 minutes. Lamont Jones played well for the Gaels and put up a staggering 35 points and three rebounds. David Laury had 14 points and added eight rebounds. Erik Etherly recorded a double-double for the Greyhounds on a team-high 23 points and 10 rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 3 when Iona (16-13, 10-7 MAAC) hosts Siena (7-22, 4-13 MAAC).
Iona Game Notes
- The last time Iona started the season 16-13 was 1998.
- The Gaels have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Iona is 26-39 in close games.
- Iona has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- Iona has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- The Gaels set a season high for assists (24).
- The Gaels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Iona has a 11.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (David Laury and Tre Bowman) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 29 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 36th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- Lamont Jones has three straight 20+ point games.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 31-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Robert Olson and Erik Etherly) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring seven times in 30 games this season.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly has three straight double-digit point games.
- Erik Etherly recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 15th of his career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Anthony Winbush's career.
- Anthony Winbush set career highs with 20 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Robert Olson's career.
- R.J. Williams set a career high with seven assists.
- Dylon Cormier set a career high with six assists.