On Friday, Mar. 1, Columbia took on Yale and defeated the Bulldogs 59-46 in conference action. With the win, the Lions tie the season series against Yale at 1-1. The Lions got the win with a season-high 20 points (3 Ast 3 Blk) from Maodo Lo on 60 percent shooting in 29 minutes. Brian Barbour had eight points. For the Bulldogs, Matt Townsend finished with a team-high 10 points and six rebounds. Columbia (12-13, 4-7 Ivy) welcomes Brown (11-14, 5-6 Ivy) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Columbia Game Notes
- Columbia started 12-13 during the 2004 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Columbia beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- Columbia has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- Columbia has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 46 or fewer total points.
- Columbia has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.1 percent field goal percentage.
- This is the second win of the season where the Lions came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Columbia has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Maodo Lo accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Alex Rosenberg accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Maodo Lo has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Alex Rosenberg has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Alex Rosenberg recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Rosenberg had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Maodo Lo's career.
- Maodo Lo has three straight double-digit point games.
Yale Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Austin Morgan and Matt Townsend) accounted for 43.4 percent of the points.
- Austin Morgan has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Matt Townsend has led the team in rebounding three times in 28 games this season.