On a night when they scored 39 points from beyond the three-point line, USC Upstate trounced East Tennessee State 88-56 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Spartans remain undefeated against East Tennessee State this season. Torrey Craig played brilliantly for the Spartans and put up a game-high 26 points (9 Reb 5 Ast), shooting 6 of 13 from three-point range. Ty Greene had 17 points and added five assists. Hunter Harris finished with a team-high 13 points and six rebounds for the Buccaneers.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 12:31 left to go.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, USC Upstate has been on the winning end of 14 blowout games.
- The Spartans have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 88 or more total points.
- USC Upstate has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2 percent or better.
- USC Upstate has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- USC Upstate has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season USC Upstate has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Adrian Rodgers has 12 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Torrey Craig has nine rebounds or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Ty Greene has five assists or more.
- The Spartans have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Torrey Craig recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Torrey Craig and Ty Greene) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Torrey Craig and Babatunde Olomuwiya) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Torrey Craig has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 8 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Torrey Craig's career.
- Torrey Craig has five straight double-digit point games.
- Ricardo Glenn has four straight double-digit point games.
- Adrian Rodgers had a career high with seven rebounds.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- This was the ninth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, ETSU has been on the losing end of 19 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Hunter Harris and Jarvis Jones) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Lester Wilson and Hunter Harris) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Hunter Harris has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Lester Wilson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 31 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for John Walton.