On Friday, Mar. 1, Brown took on Cornell and easily defeated the Big Red 84-65 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Rafael Maia earned a double-double for the Bears with a career-high 22 points and 13 rebounds. Tucker Halpern was on fire from three-point range, going 6 for 11 on the way to a game-high 22 points. For the Big Red, Nolan Cressler finished with a team-high 22 points and two rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Brown (11-14, 5-6 Ivy) heads to Columbia (11-13, 3-7 Ivy).
Brown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:58 left to go.
- Brown beat the spread by 24 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Brown has won every game this season (4-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- The Bears have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording eight or more steals.
- This season Brown has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Matt Sullivan has four assists or more.
- The Bears set season highs for blocks (seven), field goals made (31), field goal percentage (53.4), three-pointers (13), three-point percentage (48.1), and total points (84).
- The last time Brown recorded at least 31 field goals made was Nov 11, 2011 against J&W-Providence.
- The top two scorers (Tucker Halpern and Rafael Maia) accounted for 52.3 percent of the points.
- Rafael Maia accounted for 36.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tucker Halpern has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Rafael Maia has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Tucker Halpern's career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Rafael Maia's career.
- Rafael Maia recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
Cornell Game Notes
- This loss extended the Big Red losing streak to three games.
- Nolan Cressler accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Nolan Cressler has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Errick Peck has led the team in rebounding six times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Nolan Cressler's career.