Marist vs. Siena: Full Game Preview
|Marist||C Lewis 16.2||A Kemp 8.4||I Morton 3.8|
|Siena||O Anosike 12.7||O Anosike 11.6||E Hymes 3.6|
Siena plays host to Marist at Times Union Center on Friday. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST. The Saints beat the Red Foxes 79-75 on Jan. 27 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Siena is currently tied with Marist in the MAAC in eigth place.
In a 65-57 win over Radford on Feb. 24, Davis Martens put up 18 points and 9 rebounds for the Saints. He tallies 2 points per game and also adds 1.8 rebounds per game. For the Red Foxes, Chavaughn Lewis finished with 30 points and 16 rebounds in the 112-74 blowout of Virginia Military Institute on Feb. 23. He leads the team in points with 16.2 per game and steals with 2.1 per game.
There is one important category where Marist has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Red Foxes have the upper hand over the Saints, 65 points per game to 59 points per game.
- O.D Anosike is ranked 2nd nationally in rebounds and 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena is better at defending the three (33.3 percent allowed vs. 36.7 percent allowed) than Marist this season.
- The Siena three-point leader (Evan Hymes, 51 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Marist three-point leader (Devin Price, 43 three-pointers).
- Imoh Silas is ranked 7th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena has an average margin of victory of 10 over Marist in 34 wins since 1980.
- Siena has come back to win after being down at half against Marist six times since 1997.
- Siena has a better record in close games than Marist this season (6-5 vs. 4-6).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Siena currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 915) than Marist, per the NCAA.
- Evan Hymes is ranked 8th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 6th in the MAAC in assists.
|D||Rob Delle Bovi||1||0||0||0||0||0||1|