|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 17.1||A Winbush 6.4||R Williams 3.8|
|Iona||L Jones 23.0||D Laury 10.4||L Jones 3.6|
On Friday, Iona welcomes Loyola (MD) at Hynes Athletic Center. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Gaels defeated the Greyhounds 79-71 on Jan. 27 and are 6-3 against them over the past four years.
Iona is currently in fifth place in the conference and Loyola (MD) is in second.
In their last matchup on Feb. 23, Lamont Jones put up 26 points and 5 steals for the Gaels in a loss to Indiana State, 65-64. He leads the team in points with 23 per game and assists with 3.6 per game. For the Greyhounds, Erik Etherly finished with 26 points and 8 rebounds in the 69-67 win over Tennessee State on Feb. 23. He contributes 6.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.4 points per game.
Iona appears to have a key statistical advantage over Loyola (MD) in one area, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Greyhounds, 80 points per game to 66 points per game. Loyola (MD) will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 37.4 percent in this area ranks first in the conference and 32nd in the country.
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- Iona is a better free-throw-shooting team (77.3 percent vs. 68.0 percent) than Loyola this season.
- Iona has an average margin of victory of 14 over Loyola in 39 wins since 1982.
- Iona has a stronger schedule than Loyola this season (SOS Rank: No. 144 vs. No. 195).
- Iona has a better record at home than Loyola this season (9-1 vs. 10-3).
- New Rochelle isn't as congested as Baltimore (population is significantly lower).
- The Iona scoring leader (Lamont Jones, 645 points) has more points than the Loyola scoring leader (Dylon Cormier, 478 points).
- The Iona assist leader (Lamont Jones, 100 assists) has more assists than the Loyola assist leader (Dylon Cormier, 66 assists).
- The Iona rebounding leader (David Laury, 198 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush, 166 rebounds).
- Diaper Dandies love Iona. Iona has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Loyola (2 vs. 0).