|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 17.1||A Winbush 6.4||R Williams 3.8|
|Iona||L Jones 23.0||D Laury 10.4||L Jones 3.6|
On Friday, Loyola (MD) heads to Hynes Athletic Center to take on Iona. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Greyhounds fell to the Gaels 79-71 on Jan. 27 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Loyola (MD) is currently in second place in the MAAC and Iona is in fifth place.
In a 69-67 triumph over Tennessee State on Feb. 23, Erik Etherly put up 26 points and 8 rebounds for the Greyhounds. He tallies 15.4 points per game and also adds 6.2 rebounds per game. For the Gaels, Lamont Jones finished with 26 points and 5 steals in the 65-64 loss to Indiana State on Feb. 23. With 23 points per game and 3.6 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Iona has a statistical edge over Loyola (MD) in a single key area, scoring, where the Gaels have the upper hand over the Greyhounds, 80 points per game to 66 points per game. One category in which Iona is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.6 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 15th nationally).
- Loyola is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Loyola is 76.8 inches compared to 75.8 inches for Iona.
- Even computers respect Loyola more. Loyola has a better RPI this season than Iona (RPI: No. 99 vs. No. 126).
- Loyola is better at defending the three (30.1 percent allowed vs. 37.7 percent allowed) than Iona this season.
- Loyola has a better record on the road than Iona this season (7-6 vs. 5-9).
- The Loyola blocks leader (Jordan Latham, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the Iona blocks leader (David Laury, 31 blocks).
- Robert Olson is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- The Loyola steals leader (Dylon Cormier, 57 steals) has more steals than the Iona steals leader (Sean Armand, 37 steals).
- Erik Etherly is ranked 7th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Anthony Winbush is ranked 6th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- Loyola players are more experienced than Iona players (15,879 minutes played vs. 10,245 minutes played).
- Loyola is ranked higher than Iona in the MAAC (No. 2 vs. No. 5).