Brown vs. Cornell: Full Game Preview
|Brown||M Sullivan 14.0||C Kuakumensah 7.5||S McGonagill 4.1|
|Cornell||S Miller 11.5||S Miller 6.8||G Cancer 2.7|
On Friday, Brown travels to Newman Arena to take on Cornell. It starts at 7 p.m. EST. The Bears lost to the Big Red 69-66 on Feb. 16 and are 0-9 against them over the last four years.
Brown is sixth in the conference and Cornell is third. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 59-50 triumph over Dartmouth on Feb. 23, Matt Sullivan put up 16 points for the Bears. He leads the team in points with 14 per game and steals with 1.7 per game. For the Big Red, Shonn Miller finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds in the 72-53 loss to Princeton on Feb. 23. He puts up a team-leading 11.5 points per game, 6.8 rebounds per game, and 1.9 steals per game. Cornell will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 20.2 percent in this area ranks second in the conference and 180th in the country.
- Rafael Maia is ranked 3rd in the Ivy League in rebounds.
- The Brown three-point leader (Sean McGonagill, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Cornell three-point leader (Johnathan Gray, 50 three-pointers).
- Brown players are more experienced than Cornell players (13,128 minutes played vs. 11,313 minutes played).
- Brown has a better record at home than Cornell this season (7-4 vs. 4-8).
- Sean McGonagill is ranked 5th in the Ivy League in points, 5th in the Ivy League in three-pointers, 3rd in the Ivy League in assists, and 8th in the Ivy League in steals.
- Tucker Halpern is ranked 9th in the Ivy League in three-pointers.
- The Brown scoring leader (Matt Sullivan, 336 points) has more points than the Cornell scoring leader (Shonn Miller, 310 points).
- Brown is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Brown is 208 lbs compared to 194 lbs for Cornell.
- Cedric Kuakumensah is ranked 2nd in the Ivy League in rebounds and 1st in the Ivy League in blocks.
- The Brown blocks leader (Cedric Kuakumensah, 53 blocks) has more blocks than the Cornell blocks leader (Shonn Miller, 50 blocks).
- Brown has an average margin of victory of 8 over Cornell in 23 wins since 1980.