|USC Upstate||T Craig 16.9||R Glenn 8.1||T Greene 2.4|
|East Tenn State||J Jones 16.4||H Harris 5.4||S Cooley 3.5|
On Friday, East Tennessee State hosts USC Upstate at Memorial Center. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSS or ESPN3.com. The Buccaneers fell to the Spartans 88-71 on Jan. 28 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
East Tennessee State is tied with USC Upstate for fifth in the conference.
In a 61-58 win over Jacksonville on Feb. 23, Hunter Harris put up 22 points and 6 rebounds for the Buccaneers. On top of his scoring average of 8.2 points per game, he delivers 5.4 rebounds per game. For the Spartans, Ricardo Glenn put up 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 77-53 loss to North Florida on Feb. 23. He averages 10.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.1 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for USC Upstate is offensive rebounding percentage at 36.6 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 43rd nationally).
USC Upstate StatSmack
- The East Tennessee State assist leader (Petey McClain, 75 assists) has more assists than the USC Upstate assist leader (Ty Greene, 70 assists).
- East Tennessee State has a better record in close games than USC Upstate this season (5-5 vs. 1-6).
- East Tennessee State has a stronger schedule than USC Upstate this season (SOS Rank: No. 182 vs. No. 282).
- The East Tennessee State steals leader (Jarvis Jones, 44 steals) has more steals than the USC Upstate steals leader (Ty Greene, 41 steals).
- Rashawn Rembert is ranked 10th in the Atlantic Sun in three-pointers.
- Jarvis Jones is ranked 3rd in the Atlantic Sun in steals.
- Lester Wilson is ranked 9th in the Atlantic Sun in points and 3rd in the Atlantic Sun in three-pointers.
- Hunter Harris is ranked 6th in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- East Tennessee State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (56.6 percent to 35.9 percent).
- East Tennessee State has more wins over the last 5 years than USC Upstate (113 vs. 62).