SE Louisiana 64
(10-16, 3-13 away)
Texas A&M-CC 78
(5-21, 3-9 home)
Venue: American Bank Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||R Johnson 15
||R Johnson 9
||D Evans 3
||W Nelson 23
||W Nelson 9
||J Jordan 6
Southeastern Louisiana was beaten at home by Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 78-64 in conference play on a night when the Islanders shot 60.5 percent. The Lions even the season series against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at 1-1 with the loss. The Lions got a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds from Roosevelt Johnson. Dre Evans scored 14 points. For the Islanders, Johnathan Jordan got 21 points on 88.9 percent shooting. This makes three losses in a row for the Lions. Southeastern Louisiana (10-16, 8-7 SLC) takes on Sam Houston State (14-13, 7-7 SLC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Southeastern Louisiana Game Notes
- Southeastern Louisiana started 10-16 during the 2011, 2008, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Southeastern Louisiana has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording 19 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 66.7 percent or better this season, Southeastern Louisiana has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Lions set season highs for three-pointers (11) and three-point percentage (55.0).
- The last time SELU had a three-point percentage of 55.0 percent or higher was Nov 12, 2010 against Millsaps.
- SELU set a season low for rebounds (15).
- Southeastern Louisiana has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Roosevelt Johnson and Dre Evans) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- Roosevelt Johnson accounted for 60.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roosevelt Johnson has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 15 times in 26 games this season.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The top two scorers (William Nelson and Johnathan Jordan) accounted for 56.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (William Nelson and Zane Knowles) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (11).
- William Nelson has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Johnathan Jordan's career.
- Johnathan Jordan set career highs with eight field goals made and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of William Nelson's career.