Alcorn State 81
(10-22, 4-13 away)
Prairie View A&M 75
(13-17, 9-3 home)
Venue: William Nicks Building
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
|Prairie View A&M
||A Nieves 19
||L Luckett 5
||D Hampton 3
|Prairie View A&M
||J DeMuynck 22
||J Montgomery 7
||C Blair Jr 8
On Thursday, Feb. 28, Prairie View A&M was outscored 24-3 from beyond the arc by Alcorn State and lost at home against the Braves 81-75 in conference play. The Panthers are now 0-2 against Alcorn State this season. The Panthers were paced by Jourdan DeMuynck, who put up a game-high 22 points and six rebounds. Carl Blair Jr had 13 points and added eight assists. For the Braves, Anthony Nieves got a team-high 19 points and three assists. Next up for Prairie View A&M (13-17, 8-9 SWAC) is Southern University (20-8, 14-2 SWAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Prairie View A&M Game Notes
- The last time PVAMU started the season 13-17 was 2011.
- Prairie View A&M has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.9 percent or better this season, Prairie View A&M has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- PVAMU set a season low for three-pointers (one).
- Prairie View A&M has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Panthers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--PVAMU has a 12.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jourdan DeMuynck and Carl Blair Jr) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 30 games this season.
- Jules Montgomery has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jourdan DeMuynck's career.
- Jourdan DeMuynck has three straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Blair Jr has three straight double-digit point games.
Alcorn State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony Nieves and Marquiz Baker) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (45) than the starters (36).
- Anthony Nieves has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- LeAntwan Luckett has led the team in rebounding five times in 32 games this season.
- Marquiz Baker has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Marquiz Baker set career highs with a 60 percent field goal percentage and a 60 percent three-point percentage.
|A||Carl Blair Jr||32||13||3||8||1||0||3|