Utah State 61
(19-8, 7-4 away)
(25) Louisiana Tech 84
(25-3, 14-0 home)
Venue: Thomas Assembly Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||B Clifford 14
||B Clifford 9
||T Roland 2
||B Gibson 20
||C Johnson 5
||A Hamilton 8
On a night when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, No. 25 Louisiana Tech waxed Utah State 84-61 in conference action. Everything went right for Louisiana Tech in this one, as they led 49-23 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Bulldogs remain undefeated against Utah State this season. Chris Anderson led the Bulldogs and put up nine points and two rebounds. Cordarius Johnson had five points and added five rebounds. For the Aggies, Ben Clifford got a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Louisiana Tech (25-3, 15-0 WAC) is San Jose State (9-17, 3-12 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Louisiana Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:13 left to go.
- The win over Utah State extended the Louisiana Tech winning streak to 17 games.
- LaTech beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LaTech has been on the winning end of 20 blowout games.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- Louisiana Tech has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- LaTech has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- LaTech has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Louisiana Tech has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Chris Anderson has four field goals made or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Cordarius Johnson has five rebounds or more.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for three-point percentage (52.4).
- The last time LaTech had a three-point percentage of 52.4 percent or higher was Mar 09, 2012 against Nevada.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Louisiana Tech has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--LaTech has a 19.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Gibson and Raheem Appleby) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- The bench recorded more points (49) than the starters (35).
- Cordarius Johnson has led the team in rebounding in four out of 28 games this season.
- Kenyon McNeail has three straight double-digit point games.
- Raheem Appleby has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Brandon Gibson's career.
Utah State Game Notes
- Ben Clifford recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven.
- The top two scorers (Ben Clifford and Jarred Shaw) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ben Clifford and Jarred Shaw) accounted for 41.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Ben Clifford set career highs with 14 points and seven offensive rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Marcel Davis.