St. Peter's 65
(9-19, 4-10 away)
(18-11, 11-2 home)
Venue: Koessler Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||D Washington 18
||Y Raymond 8
||Y Raymond 3
||B Baron 23
||C Manhertz 9
||B Baron 4
On Thursday, Feb. 28, St. Peter's took on Canisius and lost at home against the Golden Griffins 77-65 in overtime. The Peacocks are now 0-2 against Canisius this season. The Peacocks got a good effort from Yvon Raymond, who got 16 points and eight rebounds. Desi Washington also had a decent showing, scoring a team-high 18 points and adding six rebounds. Billy Baron finished with a game-high 23 points and four assists for the Golden Griffins. St. Peter's (9-19, 3-14 MAAC) travels to Niagara (17-12, 12-5 MAAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
St. Peter's Game Notes
- St. Peter's has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Peacocks have played in seven overtime games with a record of 3-4.
- The Peacocks have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Peter's is 28-29 in close games.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, St. Peter's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, St. Peter's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1 percent or better this season, St. Peter's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Peacocks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Desi Washington and Yvon Raymond) accounted for 52.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Yvon Raymond and Desi Washington) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Desi Washington has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 28 games this season.
- Yvon Raymond has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Desi Washington has three straight double-digit point games.
Canisius Game Notes
- The Golden Griffins won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Canisius is 22-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Billy Baron and Harold Washington) accounted for 58.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manhertz and Josiah Heath) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Billy Baron has led the team in scoring 13 times in 29 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Harold Washington's career.
- Harold Washington has three straight double-digit point games.
- Harold Washington set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Billy Baron's career.
- Billy Baron has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Isaac Sosa has three straight double-digit point games.