On Thursday, Feb. 28, Oregon State took on No. 24 Oregon and lost in front of the home crowd against the Ducks 85-75 in conference play. With the loss, the Beavers remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. The Beavers got a game-high 31 points and three rebounds from Roberto Nelson. Devon Collier had 14 points and added three rebounds. Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double for the Ducks on 17 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Oregon State (13-16, 3-13 Pac 12) is Utah (11-16, 3-12 Pac 12) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on the road.
Oregon State Game Notes
- Oregon State started 13-16 during the 2008, 1999, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, OSU played 20 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-19.
- Oregon State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording nine or fewer assists.
- Oregon State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Oregon State has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Oregon State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Oregon State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the eighth loss of the season where the Beavers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Roberto Nelson accounted for 41.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Burton and Eric Moreland) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Joe Burton has led the team in rebounding in six out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Roberto Nelson's career.
- Roberto Nelson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Roberto Nelson had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Joe Burton.
Oregon Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Carlos Emory and Arsalan Kazemi) accounted for 44.7 percent of the points.
- Arsalan Kazemi accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Carlos Emory has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 29 games this season.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded the 63rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Arsalan Kazemi has three straight double-digit point games.
- Arsalan Kazemi recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 53rd of his career.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Carlos Emory's career.
- Carlos Emory has five straight double-digit point games.
- Carlos Emory set career highs with 21 points and eight field goals made.