Sacred Heart 68
(9-19, 3-12 away)
Long Island 70
(16-13, 10-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||S Gibson 25
||T Falzon 7
||P Gaetano 11
||E Reed 18
||J Olasewere 13
||J Brickman 12
Sacred Heart faced off with Long Island on Thursday, Feb. 28 and lost by a slim margin to the Blackbirds 70-68 in conference play. The Pioneers tie the season series against Long Island at 1-1 with the loss. The Pioneers were paced by Shane Gibson, who put up a game-high 25 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Phil Gaetano had one point and added 11 assists. Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double for the Blackbirds on 16 points and 13 rebounds. Next up for Sacred Heart (9-19, 7-10 NEC) is St. Francis (NY) (11-17, 7-10 NEC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- The Pioneers have been unlucky eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacred Heart is 27-34 in close games.
- Sacred Heart has lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Sacred Heart has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Sacred Heart has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records eight or more steals this season, Sacred Heart has lost 81 percent of the time (3-13).
- The Pioneers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Sacred Heart has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 36.7 percent of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 28 games this season.
- Tevin Falzon has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 52nd 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the 11th double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Louis Montes has eight straight double-digit point games.
Long Island Game Notes
- The Blackbirds won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Long Island is 27-22 in close games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (E.J. Reed and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 48.5 percent of the points.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- E.J. Reed has led the team in scoring three times in 29 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 29 games this season.
- This game was the 20th double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- C.J. Garner has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 28th of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere set a career high with 12 defensive rebounds.
|C+||M. Abdel Latif||18||2||5||0||0||1||1|