(12-17, 8-8 away)
Old Dominion 77
(4-25, 3-15 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||D Lee 34
||D Lee 10
||D Thomas 6
||A Bacote 15
||D Painter 10
||D Hill 4
On Thursday, Feb. 28, Drexel won on the road versus Old Dominion 81-77 in conference play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Damion Lee picked up a double-double for the Dragons including a career-high 34 points and 10 rebounds. He was 7 for 8 from three-point range. Frantz Massenat had 22 points (6 Ast 3 Blk). DeShawn Painter registered a double-double for the Monarchs with a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Drexel (12-17, 8-9 CAA) welcomes North Carolina-Wilmington (10-19, 5-12 CAA) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Drexel Game Notes
- Drexel beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Dragons have beaten the spread.
- The Dragons have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Drexel is 28-27 in close games.
- The Dragons have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording four or more blocks.
- The Dragons set season highs for three-pointers (14) and three-point percentage (60.9).
- The last time Drexel recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Jan 15, 2005 against William & Mary.
- The Dragons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Damion Lee recorded a team season high in points with 34 and three-pointers with seven.
- Damion Lee accounted for 41.9 percent of the team's points.
- Damion Lee accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 3 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Damion Lee's career.
- Damion Lee has five straight double-digit point games.
- Damion Lee recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Damion Lee had career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, seven three-pointers, and a 88 percent three-point percentage.
- Derrick Thomas has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Thomas had a career high with six assists.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Frantz Massenat's career.
- Frantz Massenat has eight straight double-digit point games.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- The Monarchs have lost 10 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Old Dominion is 32-26 in close games.
- Keenan Palmore recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- DeShawn Painter accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 20 times in 29 games this season.
- Donte Hill set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
- Richard Ross set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Dimitri Batten has seven straight double-digit point games.