(12-17, 8-8 away)
Old Dominion 77
(4-25, 3-15 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||D Lee 34
||D Lee 10
||D Thomas 6
||A Bacote 15
||D Painter 10
||D Hill 4
On Thursday, Feb. 28, Old Dominion was beaten at home by Drexel 81-77 in conference play. The Monarchs tie the season series against Drexel at 1-1 with the loss. DeShawn Painter got a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Monarchs, earning a double-double. Richard Ross also had a strong game, scoring six points and adding seven rebounds. Damion Lee recorded achieved a double-double for the Dragons on a career-high 34 points and 10 rebounds. He made 7 of 8 from three-point range. Old Dominion (4-23, 2-13 CAA) takes on Northeastern (18-10, 13-3 CAA) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- The Monarchs have been unlucky 10 times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Old Dominion is 32-26 in close games.
- Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 29 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1 percent or better this season, Old Dominion has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- The Monarchs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--ODU has a -5.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Keenan Palmore recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- DeShawn Painter accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 20 times in 29 games this season.
- Donte Hill had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- DeShawn Painter recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- DeShawn Painter has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
- Richard Ross had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Dimitri Batten has seven straight double-digit point games.
Drexel Game Notes
- The Dragons won this one, but have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Drexel is 28-27 in close games.
- Damion Lee recorded a team season high in points with 34 and three-pointers with seven.
- Damion Lee accounted for 41.9 percent of the team's points.
- Damion Lee accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Damion Lee's career.
- Damion Lee has five straight double-digit point games.
- Damion Lee recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- Damion Lee set career highs with 34 points, 11 field goals made, seven three-pointers, and a 88 percent three-point percentage.
- Derrick Thomas has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Thomas set a career high with six assists.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Frantz Massenat's career.
- Frantz Massenat has eight straight double-digit point games.