North Dakota 74
(13-15, 5-10 away)
Portland State 66
(8-17, 8-5 home)
Venue: Stott Center
10:35PM ET / 7:35PM PT, February 28, 2013
||T Huff 18
||J Webb 7
||J Webb 7
||A Moore 16
||A Moore 15
||D Winston Jr. 4
On Thursday, Feb. 28, North Dakota took on Portland State and won on the road against the Vikings 74-66 in Big Sky play. With the win, the Fighting Sioux remain undefeated against Portland State this season at 2-0. Jamal Webb played well for the Fighting Sioux and put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Aaron Anderson also had an excellent game, scoring 16 points and adding three rebounds. Aaron Moore registered a double-double for the Vikings on a team-high 16 points and 15 rebounds. Next up for North Dakota (13-15, 10-8 Big Sky) is Eastern Washington (9-19, 6-11 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
North Dakota Game Notes
- UND beat the spread by 11.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- The Fighting Sioux have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 74 or more total points.
- North Dakota has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 47.1 percent or better.
- UND has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- UND has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season North Dakota has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Troy Huff plays 35 minutes or more.
- The Fighting Sioux have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Troy Huff and Aaron Anderson) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Webb and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 28 games this season.
- Jamal Webb has led the team in rebounding in six out of 28 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Huff has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Huff had a career high with a 67 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the 11th foul out of the season for Mitch Wilmer.
Portland State Game Notes
- Aaron Moore recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Moore and Michael Harthun) accounted for 43.9 percent of the points.
- Aaron Moore accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 16 times in 25 games this season.
- Aaron Moore recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron Moore has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Moore recorded a double-double. It was the seventh of his career.
- Michael Harthun has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Harthun.
|B-||D. Winston Jr.||27||8||5||4||1||0||3|