Loyola Marymount 56
(8-21, 3-13 away)
Santa Clara 79
(21-9, 14-5 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||A Ireland 23
||A Osborne 10
||A Ireland 3
||M Trasolini 26
||M Trasolini 8
||K Foster 8
Loyola Marymount was outscored 27-6 from beyond the arc by Santa Clara and was easily defeated by the Broncos 79-56 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 28. The game got away from Loyola Marymount early, as they dug themselves a 41-24 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Lions tie the season series against Santa Clara at 1-1 with the loss. Alex Osborne got a season-high 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Lions, earning a double-double. Anthony Ireland also had a strong game, scoring a team-high 23 points and adding five rebounds. For the Broncos, Marc Trasolini finished with a game-high 26 points and eight rebounds. Loyola Marymount (8-21, 1-14 West Coast) welcomes Brigham Young (20-9, 9-5 West Coast) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:32 left to go.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 35.2 percent or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- LMU set season lows for steals (two) and three-pointers (two).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 16 games.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Alex Osborne) accounted for 54.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 25 out of 29 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- Alex Osborne recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Osborne has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Osborne recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Alex Osborne had a career high with six field goals made.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marc Trasolini and Yannick Atanga) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Marc Trasolini's career.
- Kevin Foster set a career high with a 83 percent three-point percentage.
|B||R. Cowels III||28||12||1||1||2||0||0|