Loyola Marymount 56
(8-21, 3-13 away)
Santa Clara 79
(21-9, 14-5 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||A Ireland 23
||A Osborne 10
||A Ireland 3
||M Trasolini 26
||M Trasolini 8
||K Foster 8
On an evening when they outscored the Lions 27-6 from behind the arc, Santa Clara won big against Loyola Marymount 79-56 in West Coast action. Everything went right for Santa Clara in this one, as they led 41-24 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With the win, the Broncos even the season series against Loyola Marymount at 1-1. The Broncos were led by Marc Trasolini, who put up a game-high 26 points and eight rebounds. Kevin Foster was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 6 on the way to 17 points (8 Ast 5 Stl 3 Reb). Alex Osborne recorded a double-double for the Lions with a season-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Santa Clara (21-9, 9-6 West Coast) travels to Saint Mary's (25-5, 13-2 West Coast) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:32 left to go.
- The last time SCU started the season 21-9 was 2006.
- SCU beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 11th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- This was the ninth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SCU has been on the winning end of 27 blowout games.
- Santa Clara has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- The Broncos have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- SCU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- SCU has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Santa Clara has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Raymond Cowels III has 12 points or more, 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Marc Trasolini has nine field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Kevin Foster has five three-pointers or more.
- This is the 19th game at home this season--SCU has a 11.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marc Trasolini accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marc Trasolini and Yannick Atanga) accounted for 48.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Marc Trasolini's career.
- Kevin Foster had a career high with a 83 percent three-point percentage.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LMU has been on the losing end of 38 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 13 games.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Alex Osborne) accounted for 54.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 25 times in 29 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ashley Hamilton set a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- Alex Osborne recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Osborne has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Osborne recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Alex Osborne set a career high with six field goals made.
|B||R. Cowels III||28||12||1||1||2||0||0|