In a game where the Tigers shot 69.6 percent, South Carolina lost in a blowout to Missouri 90-68 in conference play. With the loss, the Gamecocks stay winless against Missouri this season at 0-2. The Gamecocks got a career-high 20 points from Damien Leonard, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Bruce Ellington had six points. Jabari Brown finished with a career-high 23 points and five assists for the Tigers. South Carolina (13-15, 3-12 SEC) takes on Texas A&M (16-12, 6-9 SEC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
South Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- The last time USC started the season 13-15 was 2007.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, South Carolina has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records five or more blocks this season, South Carolina has lost 77 percent of the time (3-10).
- USC set a season low for rebounds (20).
- South Carolina has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--USC has a 1.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Damien Leonard recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- The top two scorers (Damien Leonard and Brenton Williams) accounted for 44.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (49) than the starters (19).
- Michael Carrera has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Damien Leonard's career.
- Damien Leonard had career highs with 20 points, seven field goals made, and six three-pointers.
Missouri Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Keion Bell and Jabari Brown) accounted for 52.2 percent of the points.
- Keion Bell has led the team in scoring four times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Keion Bell's career.
- Alex Oriakhi set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Earnest Ross set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Jabari Brown's career.
- Jabari Brown set career highs with 23 points, eight field goals made, a 80 percent field goal percentage, and five assists.