(20-8, 5-7 away)
South Carolina 68
(13-15, 10-8 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||K Bell 24
||T Criswell 5
||P Pressey 9
||D Leonard 20
||M Kacinas 4
||B Ellington 4
On Thursday, Feb. 28, Missouri shot 69.6 percent from the floor and trounced South Carolina 90-68 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Tigers remain undefeated against South Carolina this season. Jabari Brown had a big game for the Tigers and put up a career-high 23 points and five assists. Keion Bell had a game-high 24 points and added four assists. For the Gamecocks, Damien Leonard finished with a career-high 20 points, including 6-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Next up for Missouri (20-8, 9-6 SEC) is LSU (17-9, 8-7 SEC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Missouri Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- Mizzou beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- This was the seventh blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Mizzou has been on the winning end of 54 blowout games.
- Missouri has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- The Tigers have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 90 or more total points.
- Mizzou has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- Mizzou has won 89 percent of the time this season (17-2) after holding an opponent to under 42.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Missouri has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Alex Oriakhi has 18 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Jabari Brown has five free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Phil Pressey has five rebounds or more.
- The Tigers set season highs for field goal percentage (69.6) and three-point percentage (66.7).
- The last time Mizzou had a three-point percentage of 66.7 percent or higher was Mar 08, 2001 against Texas A&M.
- The Tigers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- Missouri has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Keion Bell and Jabari Brown) accounted for 52.2 percent of the points.
- Keion Bell has led the team in scoring in four out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 31st 20-point game of Keion Bell's career.
- Alex Oriakhi had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Earnest Ross had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Jabari Brown's career.
- Jabari Brown had career highs with 23 points, eight field goals made, a 80 percent field goal percentage, and five assists.
South Carolina Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, USC has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- Damien Leonard recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- The top two scorers (Damien Leonard and Brenton Williams) accounted for 44.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (49) than the starters (19).
- Michael Carrera has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Damien Leonard's career.
- Damien Leonard set career highs with 20 points, seven field goals made, and six three-pointers.