FL Internationial 67
(16-12, 6-9 away)
(4-21, 3-8 home)
Venue: Fant-Ewing Coliseum
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||M Smith 16
||C Bell 7
||D Hill 4
||T Mackey 17
||J James 9
||J James 7
Florida International squared off with Louisiana-Monroe on Thursday, Feb. 28 and got a road victory against the Warhawks 67-58 in Sun Belt play. With a record of 2-0, the Golden Panthers remain undefeated against Louisiana-Monroe this season. The Golden Panthers were led by Deric Hill, who put up eight points and four assists. Jerome Frink had 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Warhawks, Trent Mackey got a game-high 17 points and four rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Golden Panthers. Next up for Florida International (16-12, 11-8 Sun Belt) is Florida Atlantic (13-17, 8-11 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Florida International Game Notes
- The last time FIU started the season 16-12 was 1996.
- The win over Louisiana-Monroe extended the Florida International winning streak to three games.
- FIU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 12th time this season the Golden Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Florida International has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- The Golden Panthers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- FIU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- FIU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 44.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Florida International has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Malik Smith has 16 points or more, 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Deric Hill has four assists or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Tymell Murphy has three steals or more.
- Florida International has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Golden Panthers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Malik Smith and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Bell and Jerome Frink) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in nine out of 28 games this season.
- Cameron Bell has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- Jerome Frink has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy has 19 straight double-digit point games.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- This loss extended the Warhawks losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Trent Mackey and Amos Olatayo) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayon James and Millaun Brown) accounted for 53.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Trent Mackey has led the team in scoring five times in 25 games this season.
- Jayon James has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kyle Koszuta.
- Amos Olatayo has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Trey Lindsey.
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||11||2||0||1||0||0||1|