(16-14, 7-12 away)
Mississippi Valley State 70
(5-23, 4-7 home)
Venue: Harrison HPER Complex
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
|Mississippi Valley State
||T Kennedy 15
||L Jackson 9
||L Jackson 3
|Mississippi Valley State
||D Usher 17
||E Thomas 9
||D Marshall 4
Mississippi Valley State lost at home against Arkansas-Pine Bluff 78-70 in overtime on Thursday, Feb. 28. With the loss, the Delta Devils stay winless against Arkansas-Pine Bluff this season at 0-2. The Delta Devils got eight points and nine rebounds from Ervin Thomas. Davon Usher had 17 points and added six rebounds. DaVon Haynes got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds for the Golden Lions.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- The last time MVSU started the season 5-23 was 2008.
- Mississippi Valley State has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Delta Devils have played in eight overtime games with a record of 3-5.
- The Delta Devils have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Mississippi Valley State is 23-32 in close games.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Delta Devils have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 31.0 percent or worse.
- Mississippi Valley State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 26 or more free throws made this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.3 percent or better this season, Mississippi Valley State has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- This is the ninth game at home this season--MVSU has a -1.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Davon Usher recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Davon Usher and Darryl Marshall) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- Davon Usher has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 28 games this season.
- Ervin Thomas has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Darryl Marshall has five straight double-digit point games.
- Davon Usher has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Davon Usher.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Blake Ralling.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Ervin Thomas.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- DaVon Haynes has led the team in scoring six times in 30 games this season.
- Lazabian Jackson has led the team in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Terrell Kennedy.
- DaVon Haynes has three straight double-digit point games.