California easily knocked off Utah 64-46 in Pac 12 action in a game where the Utes mustered only 29.1 percent from the floor. With a record of 2-0, the Golden Bears remain undefeated against Utah this season. Allen Crabbe picked up a double-double for the Golden Bears with a game-high 15 points and 11 rebounds. Justin Cobbs had 12 points. For the Utes, Jordan Loveridge got a team-high nine points and 11 rebounds. California (19-9, 11-5 Pac 12) gets Colorado (19-8, 9-6 Pac 12) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 2.
California Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- California started 19-9 during the 2009, 2005, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Utah extended the California winning streak to six games.
- California beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 12th time this season the Golden Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Bears have won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after recording 15 or more assists.
- California has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 17.6 percent three-point percentage.
- California has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season California has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Tyrone Wallace has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Justin Cobbs has eight free throws made or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Allen Crabbe has four three-pointers or more.
- The Golden Bears have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--California has a 7.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Allen Crabbe and Justin Cobbs) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Allen Crabbe and Robert Thurman) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring 18 times and in rebounding 9 times in 28 games this season.
- Justin Cobbs has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Allen Crabbe recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Allen Crabbe recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- Allen Crabbe had a career high with 11 defensive rebounds.
- David Kravish had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Utah Game Notes
- This loss extended the Utes losing streak to three games.
- Jordan Loveridge accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.