On a night when they outshot the Matadors 58 percent-34.7 percent, Cal Poly easily got by Cal State Northridge 81-61 in Big West action. Everything went right for Cal Poly in this one, as they led 38-22 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With the win, the Mustangs remain undefeated against Cal State Northridge this season at 2-0. The Mustangs got the win with a game-high 23 points and eight rebounds from Chris Eversley. Jamal Johnson also had an outstanding outing, scoring eight points and adding nine assists. For the Matadors, Tre Hale-Edmerson finished with nine points and 11 rebounds. Cal Poly (14-12, 9-6 Big West) takes on Hawaii (16-11, 9-6 Big West) on Sunday, Mar. 3 on the road.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly started 14-12 during the 2010 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Cal Poly beat the spread by 22.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- This was the third blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Cal Poly has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- Cal Poly has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record two or fewer steals.
- This season Cal Poly has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Chris Eversley has eight rebounds or more.
- The Mustangs set season highs for assists (22), field goal percentage (58.0), three-pointers (12), and three-point percentage (80.0).
- The last time Cal Poly recorded at least 22 assists was Jan 31, 2004 against UC Riverside.
- Jamal Johnson recorded a team season high in assists with nine.
- The top two scorers (Chris Eversley and Dylan Royer) accounted for 56.7 percent of the points.
- Chris Eversley accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Chris Eversley's career.
- Chris Eversley had career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Dylan Royer's career.
- Dylan Royer had career highs with 23 points, eight field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- Jamal Johnson had a career high with nine assists.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, CSUN has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Matadors losing streak to five games.
- Josh Greene accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- Tre Hale-Edmerson accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Greene has led the team in scoring five times in 29 games this season.
- Tre Hale-Edmerson has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- Tre Hale-Edmerson recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.