Central Arkansas 106
(11-16, 4-9 away)
(3-25, 1-10 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||R Crawford 30
||J Garner 14
||R Williams 4
||R Mitchell 25
||S Brown 13
||D Minor 7
On an evening when they scored 33 points from three-point territory, Central Arkansas got a road win against Lamar 106-99 in double overtime. With the win, the Bears remain unbeaten against Lamar this season at 2-0. The Bears got a game-high 30 points from Robert Crawford, with 21 points coming from three-point range. LaQuentin Miles also had a strong game, scoring 19 points and adding four rebounds. Rhon Mitchell got a career-high 25 points and six rebounds for the Cardinals. Next up for Central Arkansas (11-16, 5-11 SLC) is McNeese State (12-14, 6-9 SLC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- Central Arkansas has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bears have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- The Bears have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Central Arkansas is 22-26 in close games.
- The Bears have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 38 or more field goals made.
- Central Arkansas has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (Robert Crawford and LaQuentin Miles) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarvis Garner and Anthony Borden) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Robert Crawford has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Jarvis Garner has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Jarvis Garner recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarvis Garner has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Garner recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 10th of his career.
- LaQuentin Miles has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Robert Crawford's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Robert Crawford.
- Robert Crawford had a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Anthony Borden.
- This was the eighth foul out of the season for Jordan Harks.
Lamar Game Notes
- The Cardinals have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Lamar is 19-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to five games.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Rhon Mitchell and Amos Wilson) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Rhon Mitchell has led the team in scoring five times in 28 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rhon Mitchell's career.
- Amos Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Donley Minor.
- Donley Minor set a career high with seven assists.
- Stanford Brown recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stanford Brown recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and sixth of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Hondo Webb.