Central Arkansas 106
(11-16, 4-9 away)
(3-25, 1-10 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||R Crawford 30
||J Garner 14
||R Williams 4
||R Mitchell 25
||S Brown 13
||D Minor 7
Lamar lost at home against Central Arkansas 106-99 in double overtime on a night when the Bears scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line. With the loss, the Cardinals stay winless against Central Arkansas this season at 0-2. The Cardinals got a good performance from Rhon Mitchell, who put up a career-high 25 points and six rebounds. Stanford Brown played his way to a double-double with 17 points and 13 rebounds. For the Bears, Robert Crawford finished with a game-high 30 points, including 7-of-9 shooting from three-point range. The Cardinals are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Lamar (3-25, 1-14 SLC) hosts Oral Roberts (17-12, 12-4 SLC).
Lamar Game Notes
- Lamar has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cardinals have played in seven overtime games with a record of 3-4.
- The Cardinals have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Lamar is 19-26 in close games.
- Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording zero or fewer three-pointers.
- The Cardinals have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0 percent or worse.
- Lamar has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 11 or more three-pointers this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 52.4 percent or better this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- The Cardinals set season highs for field goals made (36), free throws made (27), rebounds (52), and total points (99).
- The last time Lamar recorded at least 27 free throws made was Dec 17, 2011 against Rice.
- Lamar set season lows for three-pointers (zero) and three-point percentage (0.0).
- The Cardinals have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Lamar has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Lamar has a -9.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Rhon Mitchell and Amos Wilson) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Rhon Mitchell has led the team in scoring in five out of 28 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rhon Mitchell's career.
- Amos Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Donley Minor.
- Donley Minor had a career high with seven assists.
- Stanford Brown recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stanford Brown recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and sixth of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Hondo Webb.
Central Arkansas Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Central Arkansas is 22-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Robert Crawford and LaQuentin Miles) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarvis Garner and Anthony Borden) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Robert Crawford has led the team in scoring eight times in 27 games this season.
- Jarvis Garner has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Jarvis Garner recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarvis Garner has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Garner recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 10th of his career.
- LaQuentin Miles has six straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Robert Crawford's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Robert Crawford.
- Robert Crawford set a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Anthony Borden.
- This was the eighth foul out of the season for Jordan Harks.